The 2019 DOH Cerebral Palsy Walk Report
By Doors of Hope, October 29, 2019
The 2019 Doors of Hope annual cerebral palsy walk was held at Kitengela bus park grounds, Kajiado County on the 5th of October 2019. This is the first time for Kajiado County to participate in this kind of event. 6th October is world cerebral palsy day and it is commemorated all over the world to create awareness on the condition.
The objective of the walk was:
Raise funds to refurbish classrooms for cerebral palsy children.
Create awareness of the condition of Kajiado County schools.
Purchase a van for transporting the children to the center.
Doors of Hope targeted to raise Kshs 10,000,000(Kshs Ten Million) so as to achieve its objectives. Fundraising was conducted and the organization was able to find partners namely:
- WCC Ecumenical Disability Advocates Network(EDAN)
- Agency for Disability Development Africa (ADDA)
- National Council For Persons With Disability(NCPWD)
- Minet Kenya Insurance
- Cure Kenya
- Lukenya Agrovet Supplies
- MediHeal group of Hospitals
- Kajiado County
- Naivas Supermarkets.
- U-Fresh Enterprises Ltd
The 2019 Doors of Hope Annual Cerebral Palsy walk kicked off at 8.00 am Saturday 5th October at Kitengela bus park, Kajiado County.
Participants streamed in and were registered.
This walk takes place annually to celebrate together with persons living with cerebral palsy all over the world. The objective of this year’s walk was to raise funds to purchase a van for our kids at the center.
The walk was attended by various school students, our partners, the public and other persons who passed by.
It was graced and flagged off by our Chief Guest Hon. Samson Ole Tipape. The walk had several sponsors who made the event a success by sponsoring financial, material, or in-kind support.
The ongoing medical camp by doctors from Mediheal Group of Hospitals and cure Kenya where 200 hundred persons were treated and attended to.
Recent News and Activities
- Feed a Disabled Child Food Distribution
- Newsletter Volume 2
- A Huge Year for Doors of Hope
- The 2019 DOH Cerebral Palsy Walk Report
- The 2018 World Cerebral Palsy day walk
- International Day for Persons with Disabilities.
- WORLD AIDS DAY
- Empowering Caregivers of Children with Cerebral Palsy
- Upcoming Events
- Doors of Hope-A visit to Ahadi Family Trust Rehabilitation Center