A Huge Year for Doors of Hope
By Doors of Hope, January 10, 2020
2019 was a huge year for Doors of Hope not only for our team but for the parents and our champions. Thank you to all our supporters, parents, children team for making our favourite moments from the beginning of the year and for being part of this incredible fraternity/family of Doors of Hope.
The year has had various successful endeavors. We have registered 67 new cases with the National Council for Persons with Disability and got new enrolment in our center and more home based therapy. We were able to start an outreach program within Kajiado county.
The institution also organized for a walk event to celebrate the International Cerebral Palsy Day in October in which saw 15 schools participate and 10 corporate organization support the walk.
This was quite an achievement compared to 2018. It was also the first ever walk to be held within Kajiado County.
The year ended with a get together of parents/Caregivers/ and children for a Christmas luncheon. Parents were advised of the importance of school attendance, they were also educated on issues of health and therapy by the Kajiado East medical Health officer.
A merry Christmas and prosperous 2020.
Recent News and Activities
- A Huge Year for Doors of Hope
- The 2019 DOH Cerebral Palsy Walk Report
- The 2018 World Cerebral Palsy day walk
- International Day for Persons with Disabilities.
- WORLD AIDS DAY
- Empowering Caregivers of Children with Cerebral Palsy
- Upcoming Events
- Doors of Hope-A visit to Ahadi Family Trust Rehabilitation Center
- CEREBRAL PALSY ASSESSMENT DAY
- Celebrating World Sight Day